The Geological Survey of Victoria is releasing a series of progress reports for the Victorian Gas Program, detailing the progress to date on:
- delivering scientific, technical and environmental studies necessary to better understand the risks, benefits and impacts of onshore conventional gas
- supporting offshore gas exploration with geoscience
- investigating the opportunities for further underground gas storage
- supporting the work programs for onshore conventional gas and offshore gas including community engagement, resource planning and regulatory review.
The progress reports provide a comprehensive overview of the program and an aggregation of the various scientific activities that have been carried out so far.
Other progress reports will be released periodically.
Progress Report #2 – Released February 2019
Documents updated April 2019.
Errata list for PDF documents:
|Page 2||Figures||Revised ‘Figure 2.26: An example of methane concentrations’ to ‘Figure 2.26: Methane/Ethane enhancement ratio for atmospheric methane sources in the Gippsland Basin’.|
|Page 2||Figures||Revised ‘Figure 2.27: An example of methane concentrations above background in south-west Victoria’ to ‘Figure 2.27: Schematic conceptual diagram of Southwest Region Groundwater Model’.|
|Page 2||Figures||Removed ‘Figure 2.28: Schematic conceptual diagram of Southwest Region Groundwater Model’.|
|Page 33||Beneath line 1 from bottom||Removed figure 2.26 and caption ‘Figure 2.26: An example of methane concentrations’.|
|Page 34||Line 1 from top||Removed ‘(Figure 2.27)’.|
|Page 35||Line 1 from bottom||Revised ‘Figure 2.28’ to ‘Figure 2.27’.|
|Page 35||Figure caption||Revised caption ‘Figure 2.28: Schematic conceptual diagram of Southwest Region Groundwater Model’ to ‘Figure 2.27: Schematic conceptual diagram of Southwest Region Groundwater Model’.|
Progress Report #1 – Released January 2018
- Page 4, line 13 from bottom, changed '556' to '554'
- Page 34, line 7 from top, changed '556' to '554'
Please note that a progress report may draw on information from, or refer to, a technical study that has not yet been published. All Victorian Gas Program technical studies will be published online once completed.
- P: 136 186
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions
Attention: Earth Resources Community Engagement Team
GPO Box 4509
Melbourne VIC 3001
Page last updated: 22 Oct 2019