Stakeholder advisory panel
An independent onshore conventional gas stakeholder advisory panel was established by the Minister for Resources in August 2017.
The panel is chaired by the Government’s Lead Scientist, Dr Amanda Caples.
The panel will overview the environmental and geoscientific studies that the Victorian Gas Program is undertaking into onshore conventional gas and will advise the Minister for Resources on the risks, benefits and impacts of onshore conventional gas, including social, economic and environmental factors.
The panel members are representative of a diverse range of views on onshore conventional gas, including farmers, industry, local government and the community.
The panel members appointed are:
- Mr Stephen Bell, Chief Executive Officer, Qenos
- Mr Ben Davis, Secretary Australian Workers' Union Victorian Branch
- Mr Gerald Leach, Chair of the Victorian Farmers' Federation Land Management Committee
- Ms Alison Marchant, Secretary of Frack Free Moriac
- Ms Linda French, Community Development Manager, Beach Energy
- Mr Tennant Reed, Principal National Adviser, Public Policy, Australian Industry Group
- Cr Joanne Beard, (Corangamite Shire) representative of the Great South Coast Group
- Mr Jono La Nauze, Chief Executive Officer, Environment Victoria
The panel will meet quarterly until mid-2020 and is supported by a Scientific Reference Group.
A communique is issued after each panel meeting.
Page last updated: 14 May 2019