CarbonNet Community Reference Group
The CarbonNet Community Reference Group (CCRG) was established in 2019 and is chaired by Victoria’s Lead Scientist, Amanda Caples.
The CCRG plays an important role in forming a conversation with Gippsland communities. Members provide advice to the project team and help to facilitate effective two-way engagement with local communities and stakeholders in Gippsland.
The role of the CCRG includes:
- Helping to identify key social and community values in Gippsland for CarbonNet to consider as the project progresses
- Providing advice about potential issues that may affect local communities in relation to the project, and contributing ideas for solutions
- Providing advice on future engagement activities that could be undertaken in Gippsland, including with key stakeholders and the general public.
The project team is excited to be working with Gippsland residents to help contribute to a positive future for the region.
Join the CCRG
The CCRG meets quarterly and is made up of locals with a passion for the region’s future and a desire to contribute to action on emissions reductions.
Expressions of interest were originally sought from across a broad spectrum of domains, including, but not limited to:
- local business and industry
- Local Government
- general community.
If you are interested din joining the CCRG contact us on CarbonNet.email@example.com
Previous committee experience is not essential, however commitment, drive and the ability to participate in meetings are.
The CCRG will meet again in December 2020.
The CCRG has previously met on:
- 26 July 2019, Sale
- 3 October 2019, Morwell
- 28 January 2020, Sale
- 31 August 2020, Video conference
CarbonNet Project newsletter
To receive regular updates about the CarbonNet Project, please subscribe to our newsletter.
If you have any questions please contact CarbonNet:
- P: 136 186
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated: 26 Nov 2020