The Offshore Petroleum and Greenhouse Gas Storage Regulations 2011 (the Regulations) require authority holders to submit an environment plan and for this plan to be accepted by the minister before any work under the authority can commence.
We publish environment plan submission details and summaries of accepted environment plans to keep stakeholders informed.
Environment plan submissions
Regulation 13 of the Regulations requires us to publish the following details of any environment plan that is submitted:
- The name of the authority holder
- A description of the activity or stage of the activity to which the environment plan relates
- The location of the activity
- Details of the titleholder's nominated contact for the activity
- The decisions (if any) made by the Minister in relation to the Environment plan.
A list of currently submitted environment plans is below:
Esso Australia Resources Pty Ltd
||Activity and stage: Bass Strait Waters Environment Plan|
|Location: Offshore Gippsland|
Esso Australia Pty Ltd
Risk, Environment and Regulatory Supervisor
Phone: (03) 9270 3059
|Date submitted: 29/11/2018|
Environment plan summaries
Regulation 13E of the Regulations requires environment plan summaries to contain the following material from the accepted environment plan:
- the location of the activity
- a description of the receiving environment
- a description of the activity
- details of environmental impacts and risks
- a summary of the control measures for the activity
- a summary of arrangements for ongoing monitoring of the authority holder's environmental performance
- a summary of environmental emergency response arrangements
- details of consultation already undertaken and plans for ongoing consultation
- details of the authority holder's nominated contact for the activity.
Summaries of accepted environment plans are available below.
Beach Energy - Black Watch 1 Drilling
GB Energy - Golden Beach Geophysical and Geotechnical Investigations
Cooper Energy Sole Pipeline – Operations
Cooper Energy Patricia-Baleen Pipeline – Operations
Lattice Energy Thylacine Pipeline – Continued operations
Cooper Energy Casino Henry Netherby Pipeline – Continued operations
The CarbonNet Project: Pelican 3D Marine seismic survey
Origin Enterprise II: 3D Transition zone seismic survey
Origin Enterprise I: Seismic survey
Esso Bass Strait
BHP Billiton Minerva Operations
Page last updated: 29 Aug 2019