Mineral Resources (Sustainable Development) Act 1990 – Section 15(5)
Mineral Resources (Sustainable Development) (Mineral Industries) Regulations 2019 – Regulation 22(1) and Schedule 1
1. Name and address of applicant(s)
Mitre Hill Pty Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of Resource Base Limited)
Suite 4, Level 4
105 St Georges Terrace
PERTH WA 6000
2. Contact details of applicant for map and other information requests
Phone: 08 6102 8072
3. Applicant’s website (see notes)
Further information about this application is available at Resources Base Mitre Hill Project and Earth Resources licence applications.
|4. Details of the application|
Application number: EL007982
Locality of the land to which the application relates: Centred on Hamilton Airport 10 km NNE of Hamilton
Approximate area of the application (Graticular Sections): 500
Date of the application: 21 July 2022
Term the licences are applied for: 5 years
Outline of the proposed programs of work:
- Year 1: Compile historical information and plan Regional Reconnaissance Air Core holes, liaising with various stakeholders to allow for low impact Air Core Drilling; Undertake reconnaissance style Air Core Drilling along roadside verge
- Year 2: Liaise with Landholders to allow for drilling on Private Land; Continue reconnaissance style air-core drilling; continue community consultation in newly identified prospective areas, undertake scout metallurgical testing and identify blocks of tenure that should be relinquished based upon exploration results.
- Years 3-4: Continue with regional and infill Air Core drilling to develop regional targets; Undertake selective RC / Diamond drilling of valid air-core anomalies & or geophysical targets; Scoping - Feasibility Studies, Metallurgical testing – bulk testing, undertake other forms of drilling for geotechnical, hydrological and environmental purposes; Identify blocks of tenure that should be relinquished based upon exploration results
- Year 5: Continue with regional and infill resource drilling & assaying; Identify areas for relinquishment For any high impact exploration activities planned such as exploration drilling, the company will comply with the relevant standards and regulations are provided by Earth Resources Regulation, including detailed rehabilitation plans, and monitoring and auditing. Throughout the programs Resource Base will consult with individual land holders and the broader community and provide information on planned exploration activities and allow opportunities for feedback to be incorporated into the planning process.
5. Objections and comments
Any person may object or comment to a licence being granted by:
- putting the objection or comment in writing; and
- including the grounds on which it is made
Objections or comments must be lodged within 21 days after the latest date on which the application was advertised and can be lodged online or posted to:
The Minister for Resources
c/- Manager Licensing, Earth Resources Regulation, GPO Box 4509, Melbourne Victoria 3001
It is recommended that objections or comments are lodged via Resource Rights Allocation and Management to ensure timely consideration.
Enquiries can be made by writing to the Manager Licensing at the above address or by phoning the Earth Resources Information Centre on 1300 366 356.
6. Other information
- Subject to other requirements being satisfied, an exploration licence, if granted, entitles the holder of the licence to explore and search for minerals in the relevant land, but does not entitle the holder to undertake mining.
- Further information regarding the requirements that must be complied with prior to work being undertaken is available on the department’s Community and Land Use page.
Page last updated: 29 Jul 2022