Resources Victoria sits within the Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action, it includes the Earth Resources Regulator and Geological Survey of Victoria.
We play a key role in:
- regulating the resources industry to effectively manage risks to the environment and community
- managing access to Victoria’s resources for current and future use
- policy development and regulatory reform
- regulatory approval coordination
- regional geoscientific investigations and data provision
Through the delivery of geoscience, policy and regulation, we enable industry to responsibly and sustainably develop Victoria’s resources. We work with industry to build community knowledge and confidence in the social, environmental and economic performance of the resources sector.
To help us do our work we partner with a range of other government agencies and industry organisations.
Our news page contains articles on our latest activities.
Page last updated: 31 Jul 2023