How to Obtain Mineral Tenement Company Reports Relating to Exploration
There are several ways to access reports:
1. Use the Earth Resources Search Assistant
2. Go to the on-line store for a complete set:
3. Go to GeoVic and select GeoVic 3 (anonymous or registered).
GeoVic 3 has many methods for finding the reports.
Among the methods are
- Select a tenement by entering the number and open up a tabular view link to the reports.
- Add one of the related expired layers and spatially select the tenements and then open up a tabular view link to the reports.
These methods are explained within the GeoVic 3 help tutorials.
1. Open Up GeoVic 3 (registered or unregistered)
2. In quick Search, enter the tenement number you wish to find reports on.
3. Click on the tabular view icon
Which brings up the default tabular view
4. For summary Reports scroll to the end of the first tabular view
And click on "Open"
and then on "click here to open" and the summary should appear
5. If you wish to find full company report information
Then open up the full tabular view list
And choose either View "10. Expired ELs – Comp Reps (Zip)" (this selects reports directly allocated to the selected tenement)
Or View "11. Expired ELs – Comp Old Reps (Zip)" (this selects reports allocated to tenements that are related to the selected tenement.
3.b. For spatially selecting tenements and then finding the associated reports.
Add either the "Expired Mineral Exploration Licences" layer. (or "Expired Mining Licences and Leases")
Click on "add Layers"
Then navigate to the layer and "tick" it.
And click on the "apply" button.
Then in the table of contents Activate the layer for searches as follows
Right click on the layer, select “Set Active” and “activate the layer”
Once selected, the tabular views can be accessed as in the previous option.
From this point a spatial selection can be used to select the tenements from the active layer, using the “Select Features” tool
Usually, I select the “rectangle” option.
The “Select Features” tool becomes active.
This means that whenever I next click on the map, the tenements will be selected.