to Top

  • Share this page on Facebook
  • Print this page

Planning referral information for councils

Earth Resources Regulation (ERR) receives planning application referrals where the applications relate to mineral and stone extraction operations under the Mineral Resources (Sustainable Development) Act (MRSDA) 1990.

How do I lodge a referral?

Planning applications

To refer a planning application to ERR under the Planning and Environment Act 1987 and the Victorian Planning Provisions, councils are able to email us with:

  • the application details, including:
    • application number
    • zone and overlay controls
    • status of the referral (determining, recommending or notification)
  • your contact details, including:
    • email address
    • position title
    • direct telephone number
  • the address of the site
  • a set of plans drawn to scale (preferably 1:100, 1:200 or 1:250)
  • a copy of the Title
  • whether or not an official letter reply is required
  • any supporting documentation (planning reports etc.)

VCAT matters or general enquiries

If your enquiry relates to a VCAT planning matter or is general planning related in nature, contact Earth Resources Regulation for more information.

After a referral is lodged

If we require further information or clarification we will request it via email to the address you provide. Once we have reviewed the application we will email you our response. Mailed responses can be provided on request.

Further information

For information on non planning-related issues, contact Earth Resources Regulation.