to Top

  • Share this page on Facebook
  • Print this page

Licensing and approvals

Earth Resources Regulation (ERR) administers and regulates Victorian mining, extractive and petroleum activities using the Resource Rights Allocation and Management (RRAM) portal.

ERR has developed RRAM in consultation with the earth resources industry. It is used to administer the following licences:

To apply for a tenement, complete a work plan, track the status of your application, pay fees or complete your reporting, log in to the RRAM Business Portal using your RRAM login details.

Link to RRAM Business Portal

If you do not have your RRAM login details or are unsure of your login details, contact RRAM support.

View more information about RRAM.

Other Relevant Legislation

Mineral, extractive and petroleum exploration and development activities are also subject to a range of other Commonwealth and State legislation. Relevant Commonwealth legislation includes the Native Title Act 1993, the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999, and Part IIA of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Heritage Protection Act 1984.

Relevant Victorian legislation includes the Environment Effects Act 1978, the Planning and Environment Act 1987 and the Aboriginal Heritage Act 2006.

Note: Commonwealth legislation relating to beyond the 3 nautical mile limit no longer falls under the Victorian jurisdiction. This is now administered by Commonwealth authorities - National Offshore Petroleum Safety and Environment Management Authority and the National Offshore Petroleum Titles Administrator.

Links to Legislation

Victorian Legislation

Go to "Legislation & Bills" then select "Victorian Law Today" and search for desired Act or Regulations alphabetically.

Search for desired Act under 'Act name search'.

Guidelines and Codes of Practice