About GMB Gold
Who is GBM Gold Ltd?
GMB Gold Ltd (GBM Gold) is a publically listed gold production company with exploration and mining interests in regional Bendigo, central Victoria.
Kralcopic Pty Ltd is a subsidiary of GBM Gold and the licence holder of five mining and exploration licences in the greater Bendigo region.
In 2015, GBM Gold applied to transfer and acquire five mining and exploration licences in Bendigo from Unity Mining Pty Ltd who stopped operating in the region in 2011.
Earth Resources Regulation (ERR) assessed the licence transfer in consultation with PricewaterhouseCoopers and the transfer was approved by the Victorian Government.
Licence transfer conditions
Conditions of licence transfer included:
- rehabilitating two ponds (6 and 7) at GBM Gold's Woodvale site
- only using treated water to suppress dust.
The previous rehabilitation bond under Unity Mining Pty Ltd was also reviewed, assessed and increased to match the changing environment and proposed work scope.
As licence holders, under the Mineral Resources (Sustainable Development) Act 1990 (MRSDA) GBM Gold's licensing requirements includes an ongoing Duty to Consult with the community.
GBM Gold's project sites
GBM Gold operates four project sites within central and regional Bendigo.
The four sites are:
- New Moon
- Kangaroo Flat
- GBM Gold has five mining and exploration licences across regional Bendigo.
- Kralcopic Pty Ltd is the licence holder for GBM Gold.
- GBM Gold acquired the licences by transfer in 2015 from Unity Pty Ltd with specific conditions.