to Top

  • Share this page on Facebook
  • Print this page

Contact us

Earth Resources Regulation contact list


Anthony Hurst
Executive Director, Earth Resources Regulation
T: +61 3 9452 8904

Duncan Pendrigh
Director, Statutory Authorisations
T: +61 3 8392 6072

Tony Robinson
Director, Regulatory Compliance
T: +61 3 8392 6057

Principal Stakeholder Liaison

The Principal Stakeholder Liaison can help resolve any stakeholder queries about regulatory approval processes.

John Malempre
Principal Stakeholder Liaison
T: +61 3 8392 6165
M: +61 436 694 875

Earth Resources Incident Reporting

All incidents must be notified to the Department in accordance with the relevant Regulations. To report an incident, please contact our dedicated incident mobile number 0419 597 010.

View the Reportable Event notification process.

Regional Manager, North west Region

Grant McFarlane
T: +61 3 5430 4692

Regional Manager, North east Region

David Whitehouse
T: +61 3 5761 1501

Regional Manager, South west Region

Erika Vally (Acting)
T: +61 3 5336 6804

Regional Manager Metro Melbourne Region

Ian McLeod
T: +61 3 8392 6053

Regional Manager, Gippsland Region

Wes Douglass
T: +61 3 5160 9011

Earth Resources Information Centre

Street Address:
Earth Resources Information Centre
Level 15, 1 Spring Street, Melbourne, 3000
T: 1300 366 356
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm (excluding public holidays)

Postal address:
Earth Resources Information Centre
GPO Box 2392
Melbourne VIC 3001

The following activities are handled by the Earth Resources Information Centre:

  • Lodgement of applications for mineral licences and renewals
  • General inquiries about mining and exploration in Victoria

Objecting to a Licence Application

If you wish to object to an application for a licence you may do so online or in writing within 21 days after the latest date on which the application was advertised.

Find out how to register an objection to a minerals licence application.


If you have a complaint about any earth resources activities regulated by this department, you can complete our complaints form online. We understand you may wish to remain anonymous however providing your name, address or daytime number is required in case we need to clarify details. 

Get more information about making a complaint.

Authorised Officer Complaints

An Authorised Officer is an employee of the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR) appointed by the Minister or Secretary to carry out a compliance or enforcement function under legislation administered by the department.

We expect our Authorised Officers to exercise their powers with a high degree of professionalism and impartiality and do not tolerate improper conduct.

Read more about the responsibilities and functions of Authorised Officers and how to submit a complaint in writing.

Earth Resources General Enquiries and Feedback

You can provide feedback or make an enquiry by email, telephone, by post or in person.

Learn about how you can give feedback.